Seattle's Mortgage Broker Reviews
Read what our past customers have to say below. Over 5 years under the Seattle's Mortgage Brand, and 15+ years of experience, we've built up a reputation of putting the customer first. We pride ourselves on customer success.
Joe is Seattle Washington’s mortgage broker and would be one of those people who I would put in the “absolutely amazing” pile- and I have high standards, having worked with mortgage brokers in multiple States over the years.
1) He’s knowledgeable- I’m a geek- I love numbers and my trust needs to be earned so it’s hard to pull a fast one by me. When initially deciding the actual rate and buy down cost to get the best deal, Joe would walk me through various scenarios and tell me what he recommends. I would then proceed to put all his numbers into my own excel model to calculate which scenario is the best. It turns out that he would be right- but it took him 1/10th of the time to calculate the best deal. I dare you to drill him because he knows his stuff.
2) His rates are competitive- If you think you are going to pay a premium because you are working with a mortgage broker, think again. I have compared his rates with the so called “discount” mortgage companies like Quicken Loans and Costco. His rates match, or if not, even beats these discount groups, plus you get someone who knows what he’s doing on your side. Win/win.
3) He’s actually a mortgage broker, not some guy claiming to be one but working for the bank and pawning their higher rate mortgage onto you- It frustrates me how many people claim to be mortgage brokers- eg: an independent person that works with a bunch of lenders and provide you with the best loan choice, keeping your interests in mind.
Majority of these so-called mortgage brokers actually work directly for a lender (eg: similar to being on payroll by the lender). They may have other products they could “technically” sell, but in reality, they never do because they essentially work for the lender. Whose interest do you think they have in mind? Joe is not one of those people, I can buy one house with one lender and then a 2nd house with a different lender through him.
4) He’s strategic- Apparently with credit scores, they are grouped in tiers. You could be 5 points off and be in the lower tier, with a higher interest rate. When Joe ran my credit score, he noticed I was only a few points off from the next tier up. Thus, he gave me a list of instructions to improve my credit within a few days, then he re-ran my credit, giving me a more favorable interest rate. That alone is thousands of dollars in savings per year on any home purchase.
5) He has a “whatever it takes to get it done” attitude- Now, I’m not talking about only working late, which I’m sure a handful of the good ones do. I’m talking about getting a conventional loan closed in less than 10 days. Most investors pay exorbitant fees getting hard money because conventional loans are known to take a long time. If a seller needs the money asap, then buyers get a hard money loan to close quickly. Joe saved me about 30K in hard money costs because he was able to get approval on a deal I was working on in 2 days- faster than hard money and without the exorbitant cost.
If you have read this far, stop reading reviews, pick up the phone and call Joe: he is fast, efficient, you will save tons of money working with him and he will get your deal closed on time.
Whether you are buying your first house or onto your 30th, buying property costs a lot of money and you want to make sure you have someone capable and knowledgeable on your team. In my 15+ years in the industry, he is hands down the best mortgage broker I have ever worked with, and he happens to be local to the Seattle Washington area! Treat him with respect, get documents to him on time and you will have one of the best working relationships with him, ever.